Monday 18 February 2013

WATCHING FLESHBULBS



They are waiting for her in the car park.

They do not know she is not coming.

I count: one, two, three, four, five of them.


I know she stutters.


In the hotel room spiders are crawling the corners.

I have seen woodlice in the cooked meats.

Newspapers are mouldering under damp carpets.


The flesh is dangerous.


A thousand news channels haunt the television.

I make a collage of VHS tape.

They do not know she is not coming tonight.


I am a fleshbulb.


I stuttered my way through a bottle of Pinot Noir.

I am a dozen disguises in guestbooks and on CCTV.

This is an exclusive written under damp carpets.

1 comment:

  1. I love this - in all its pathos. 'dozen disguises in guestbooks' sounds good and slurs nicely after the Pinot. Great pic - if you find out the source, let me know.

    My only niggle is the repetition of 'stutter'. I'd change the first one if it was me.

    <3

    ReplyDelete