Wednesday 15 August 2012

FRUITS

When I talk about fruits, I'm not talking about fruits, I mean fruits
in the literal sense as opposed to the metaphoric, fruits such as apples
and oranges and pears. Straight up fruits, not those, innuendo zested,
non-literal fruits. When I peel a banana, I peel a banana
taking the skin in my fingers and pulling it back to reveal a moist tip
and shaft. I mean to peel a banana and eat it. The long, white flesh taken
in portions and swallowed in lumps down my throat. Although, some fruits resist
being eaten with tough, hairy exteriors, though kiwis give in
if you open them up with a spoon first and eat out their soft parts.
In my experience, lychees need to be stoned and similarly cherries, 
if they're to be taken with ease and red wine at parties. Do you see 
what I mean? Sometimes this business of fruits is confused 
by those melons who can't find their honeydews among their cantaloupes. 
I mean fruits, are not that difficult to spot on the whole, only tomatoes
upset the vegetable cart with their impostering as french-dressed salad and not fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment