Friday 4 May 2012

SCHRÖDINGER'S CAT

1.


I couldn't say it. I was afraid.
While ever it stayed in my mouth
I could taste it like the word yes.


It floated on a sea of saliva.
My jaw trembled like a fish.
I wanted to throw it up in the air.


If this was the feeling of never,
it was the feeling of always.
Possibly. Maybe. Yes. Yes. Yes.


I wanted to keep it locked in a box.
Out of light. Unobserved.
I wanted it to be true and not untrue.


Then came your eyes and your words
and your science to explain everything.


2.


In this theory, I become two people.
The first is naked on a rumpled duvet,
sweating in the undisturbed evening.
Moonlight paints the hollows of his body.
The second is naked on a rumpled duvet.
Under his head, a chest rises and falls.
Moonlight paints the edges of their bodies.


I dream of a life I never lived.
Under my hand, my chest rises and falls.
In this first life all I do is dream —
I dream of a life I never lived
with a man I swore I never loved.
In the second life all I do is a dream.
I drift between rooms aching
with love for a man who swore he loved me,
lingering in the scent of a well made decision.


I drift between rooms aching,
sweating in the fretful evening.
Scent. A decision lingers unmade.
In this theory, I become two people.


3.


This is the
single life theory.
At a word
the wave collapses
leaving a 
wasting of water.
At the shore
there is no choice
What is left 
is devastation
This is the 
single life theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment